Nigerian singer and songwriter, Chidinma Ekile is now a gospel singer. The 2010 MTN Project Fame winner has now abandoned secular music for the gospel of God.
While celebrating her 30th birthday, the “Kedike” crooner took to her Instagram handle to announce the change in her choice of music production. In her post, she said: “MY NAME IS MINISTER CHIDINMA EKILE. I’M A CRUSADER OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS. I’M A CRUSADER OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.”
7 Things You Should Know About Chidinma Ekile
- Chidinma Ekile was born in Ketu, Lagos State on the 2nd of May 1991, partially blind.
- She is the sixth of seven children and a graduate of Sociology, UNILAG.
- She joined her church’s choir at the age of 10 but has been singing since she 6.
- In 2010, Chidinma rose to prominence after she won the Project Fame West Africa as a 19-year-old. Afterwards, she released her debut single, ‘Jankoliko’ featuring veteran star, Sound Sultan.
- She won the “Best Female West African Act at the 2012 Kora Awards. The award was presented to her by renowned footballer, Didier Drogba.
- She is a good singer and an actress. Chidinma Ekile made a debut in acting with Kunle Afolayan’s “The Bridge“
- Chidinma is the founder of NMA care foundation. A non-governmental organization set up to cater to visually impaired children.